1) Like our Facebook page and put yourself down as 'attending' the event, and/or fill out the form to receive an email reminder.
2) Get yourself a team - if you don't have one yet there are bound to be other people looking for team members so ask around.
3) Get yourself something to record footage onto - even a smartphone will do, and something to edit the footage with. Familiarise yourself with it before the challenge starts.
4) Set up a free Vimeo account (if you don't already have one) and join our group here.
5) At 8pm on the Friday the event starts check the Facebook page, this website or your email (if you signed up for the reminder) for the three criteria you will need to include in your film.
6) Make your film! (This is a big step!) (See our filmmaking tips for some advice)
7) Upload your film to Vimeo and click the '+ Collections' button. If you are a member of the Folkestone 52hr Film Group you will see a tickbox there. Tick it to add your film to the group.
8) Watch everyone else's films - this is a very fun part! Films will show up on the Vimeo group page with the most recent first.
9) Keep an eye on our Facebook page and this website for details of the screening night.